- 4-bolt type with 4 gripping fingers and 2 clamp sections
- "Bolts in Boss™ clamps are designed to bend as they are tightened, this allows the clamp to conform to the hose outside diameter"
- Always tighten bolts to their specified torque value
- "Periodic re-tightening of bolts is required due to ""cold flow"" phenomenon present in all rubber hoses"
- Recommended for steam service up to 450 deg F
- The bolts used in the boss interlocking clamps are not standard bolts
- "They vary from standard bolts in their length, diameter, overall thread length and material hardness"
- "These bolts can be retorqued, but it is not recommended that the bolts or clamps be reused, as they are designed for a single bend only"
- "Torque values for clamps are based on dry bolts, the use of lubricant on bolts will adversely effect clamp performance"
- Worn-out hose couplings can be dangerous
- They should be checked regularly and replace when necessary
- Each coupling user should review applications and add safety devices where indicated
- Note: pressurized steam is an extremely dangerous commodity
- "Only hose, fittings, clamps and accessory items that have been approved for steam service should ever be used! never use an unapproved item for steam service"
- Always follow the manufacturer's product recommendations for pressurized steam handling
- Warning: this product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm
- Do not use in connection with drinking water
- Wash hands after handling
|NOMINAL SIZE||3-4/64 to 3-32/64 in Hose|