- The spud part of the coupling serves as one half of the boss ground joint connection and is usually fixed to the equipment
- The stem part that is clamped to the hose is the other half
- "The two halves are connected or disconnected by rotating the wing nut on the spud, when connected they achieve both a mechanical and a pressure seal"
- Easy to seal
- "Boss couplings supply a convenient threaded fitting to connect two lengths of hose, or a single length to a male or female threaded outlet"
- Positive metal-to-polymer seal
- Use with boss ground joint fittings
- Leakproof seal forms when the metal head of the stem makes contact with the patented polymer seat in the spud
- The non-metallic polymer seat resists most chemicals found in manufacturing facilities
- Recommended for steam service up to 450 deg F
- Worn-out hose couplings can be dangerous
- They should be checked regularly and replace when necessary
- Each coupling user should review applications and add safety devices where indicated
- Note: pressurized steam is an extremely dangerous commodity
- "Only hose, fittings, clamps and accessory items that have been approved for steam service should ever be used! never use an unapproved item for steam service"
- Always follow the manufacturer's product recommendations for pressurized steam handling
- Warning: this product contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm
- Do not use in connection with drinking water
- Wash hands after handling
|DIMENSIONS||3-7/8 in L|
|NOMINAL SIZE IN||2-1/2|
|NOMINAL SIZE||2-1/2 in|