- The spud part of the coupling serves as one half of the boss ground joint connection and is usually fixed to the equipment
- The stem part that is clamped to the hose is the other half
- "The two halves are connected or disconnected by rotating the wing nut on the spud, when connected they achieve both a mechanical and a pressure seal"
- Positive metal-to-polymer seal
- Leakproof seal forms when the metal head of the stem makes contact with the patented polymer seat in the spud
- "The non-metallic polymer seat resists most chemicals found in manufacturing facilities, reference the corrosion resistance chart for additional information"
- "Boss couplings supply a convenient threaded fitting to connect two lengths of hose, or a single length to a male or female threaded outlet"
- Easy to seal
- "Boss couplings are all-purpose hose couplings, universally recommended for steam hose connections, they are also widely used for air, water, fluid petroleum, chemicals and liquid petroleum gas up to 1 in ID"
- "Boss couplings can be applied to many types of rubber, synthetic, plastic, metallic or semi-metallic hose"
- Worn-out hose couplings can be dangerous
- They should be checked regularly and replace when necessary
- Each coupling user should review applications and add safety devices where indicated
- Note: pressurized steam is an extremely dangerous commodity
- "Only hose, fittings, clamps and accessory items that have been approved for steam service should ever be used! never use an unapproved item for steam service"
- Always follow the manufacturer's product recommendations for pressurized steam handling
- Warning: this product contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm
- Do not use in connection with drinking water
- Wash hands after handling
|DIMENSIONS||5-5/8 in W x 7-23/32 in H|
|NOMINAL SIZE IN||2|
|TEMPERATURE RATING||450 deg F|
|NOMINAL SIZE||2 in|